Bakersfield Domestic Violence Lawyer
Compassionate Support And Aggressive Defense In Domestic Violence Cases
Domestic violence is a serious issue that can happen to anyone. Domestic violence can be physical, emotional, or financial in nature.
There are options available for victims of domestic violence to help protect themselves and their children. These options come in handy if your spouse or partner abuses you.
Our Bakersfield domestic violence lawyer can help you file a claim against those responsible for your injuries.
Signs of Domestic Violence in Bakersfield
- An increase in controlling behavior over time: Control includes restricting access to money or transportation or demanding constant attention. It can even be monitoring phone calls or emails.
- Physical abuse: This could include hitting, punching, or throwing objects. It could also be using weapons, damaging property, or destroying things.
- Insults and threats: If your partner threatens or insults you when angry or upset with you, this could indicate an abusive relationship.
- Passing blame: Your partner always blames others for their problems instead of taking responsibility.
What Are the Deadlines To File a Domestic Violence Claim?
The statute of limitations is when you can file a claim. California’s statute of limitations for an injury claim against a perpetrator is three years from the date you sustain the injuries or discover them.
If someone else’s negligence injures you, don’t hesitate to contact our firm today so we can help!
How Our Elite Bakersfield Domestic Violence Lawyer Helps
If you are a victim of domestic violence, it’s important to understand the process and know your options. A domestic violence lawyer can help you navigate this process and get your deserved compensation.
To file a claim:
- You must have experienced physical harm due to your partner’s actions (or threats). Examples include bruises and cuts, burns, black eyes, and a swollen face.
- You must be willing and able to testify about what happened.
- If possible, take photos showing any signs of injury.
Let’s Help You Navigate the Legal System
The process of making a domestic violence claim can be confusing and overwhelming. Our dedicated domestic violence lawyer can help you navigate the legal system. We will also ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
We will advise you on what options are available and help guide you through the process. Additionally, our attorney will represent your case in court to protect your rights during this difficult time. Contact us today to schedule a case evaluation to take the necessary steps.
Your friend, Ben”