Bakersfield Hit And Run Lawyer
Get Your Life Back On Track
You probably feel confused and frustrated if you’ve been in a hit-and-run accident. When an accident occurs, most people expect that the driver who caused it will stop to help out if they need it.
But most of the time, they run away. The best defense against a hit-and-run driver is an experienced personal injury attorney.
A Bakersfield hit-and-run lawyer will hold all parties responsible for your injuries. All you have to do is to inform us about your case to expedite our actions.
How a Bakersfield Hit-and-Run Lawyer Can Help with Your Claim
Knowing what to do next is important if you’ve been in a hit-and-run accident. You may worry about medical expenses, lost wages, or pain.
A hit-and-run lawyer can help with your claim by providing the information you need to make an informed decision regarding the case.
Here is what a car accident attorney will help you with:
- Gather all necessary information from witnesses and police reports so that they have a complete picture of what happened.
- Determine whether or not there is enough evidence for a successful claim against the hit-and-run driver.
- Help you file a claim against the driver.
- Work with insurance companies, negotiate settlements for clients, and ensure they have access to their medical records.
- Represent you in court if the case proceeds to trial.
Actions To Take After a Hit-and-Run Accident
After a hit-and-run accident, there are a lot of things to do. You want to ensure you’re covered financially, legally, and in good hands with an attorney.
Here’s what you can do:
- Call the police and report the hit-and-run accident.
- Gather as much information about the accident as possible: names of witnesses, license plate numbers, etc.
- Make note of any injuries that have occurred as a result of the accident
- Take photos of any damage to your vehicle or personal injuries sustained due to the crash.
- Contact your insurance company and file an official claim with them immediately after filing a police report.
Damages You Might Recover from a Hit-and-Run Accident
Several types of damages could be available when you claim compensation after a hit-and-run accident.
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Mobility devices (wheelchairs, crutches, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional stress
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
Let Our Lawyers Offer Legal Counsel
Hit-and-run cases are the most common type of car accident. These cases can have a lot of variables, and if you’re involved in one, it’s important to know what to do. If you’re injured in a hit-and-run accident, contact our Bakersfield hit-and-run lawyers for a free consultation.
We will guide you through the process of filing a claim and ensure you get deserving compensation.
Your friend, Ben”